We all know the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, but the reality is: we all do. First impressions are really important and your smile says a lot about you. That’s why at Koh Orthodontics, we care about not only helping our teens, but helping adults achieve a beautiful smile as well. A straight smile is crucial to making that first impression count...and metal braces (or even porcelain brackets) as an adult isn’t necessarily the most desired look. Because of this we offer Invisalign Adult--the clear alternative to braces to those who are candidates for removable aligner treatment.
One of the most impactful attributes for people is a nice, straight smile. Indeed, a recent study* by Invisalign has 58% of respondents saying that they perceive people with straight teeth to be more successful in business and in their professional lives. That means having a straight smile can provide a boost of confidence while in an interview, a presentation or when completing a sales/marketing project.
Furthermore, the study confirms that “people with straight teeth are perceived more likely to be happy, successful and second date worthy”, and indeed healthier! Very interestingly, when related to dating, 55% of respondents said that a person with a straight smile had a better likelihood of attracting potential partners on a dating site by their picture alone.
So how does Invisalign Adult work?
During a consultation at Koh Orthodontics, Dr. Koh determines the exact movements necessary to get your teeth into the correct position. Then the Koh Orthodontics team has a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. As you replace each Invisalign aligner with the next in the series, the teeth will gradually and gently shift-little by little, until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Koh has prescribed.
Other than a great first impression once you’ve finished, Invisalign offers a great first impression while you’re working to achieve that great smile. Some of these benefits include:
- Clear: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. While there may be small, tooth colored ‘attachments’ needed to help with Invisalign movements, these are virtually undiscernible when compared to braces, so…No hiding your smile in meetings, engagement photos or school pick-ups and no closed-lipped selfies either!
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are much more comfortable than braces. Besides being made out of smooth, sleek plastic specifically designed for Invisalign, they do not stick out of every tooth like braces do.
- Removable: Don’t want your date to know you’re working on your smile? No problem! Take them off for the evening...just remember to put them back in before you go to sleep! It may not seem like it, but they’re constantly working as you go about your day.
- Convenient: Fewer visits to the orthodontist, meaning fewer interruptions to your busy schedule. You only need to visit us at Koh Orthodontics about once every 6-12 weeks to ensure that your treatment progress is on track.
- Cost Effective: At Koh Orthodontics, Invisalign Adult comes at the same price tag as traditional braces. No need to shell out extra cash to avoid metal mouth. Orthodontic insurance also covers Invisalign the same as braces, and we accept most insurance plans. Finally, we will strive to tailor a payment plan that is manageable for you.
At Koh Orthodontics, first impressions are super important to us. We strive to make sure every patient has the right treatment plan and Invisalign is a great choice for many. The benefits, as stated above, are clear - so contact us today so Dr. Koh can assess if you are a candidate for Invisalign. Our consultations are complimentary and we look forward to meeting you.
Click below to book a complimentary consultation today!